In the year of 2009, we are living in the 21st century. The invention of the coffee percolator is one of the greatest inventions of our time. It has revolutionized the way people drink coffee. This invention has also made life easier for people who love to drink coffee. The coffee percolator has made it possible to brew a pot of coffee in less than 30 minutes. This is why I was so excited about our partnership with Sybo.
Get your Coffee Percolator on Amazon for best prices. (Link below is an affiliate link)
The coffee percolator was invented by a man called William Perkin. He worked for a company that manufactured textile dyes. He had a dream to invent something that would help him make his work easier. After much research and development, he came up with a machine that would make coffee brewing easier, for more people! He was able to develop a machine that could make coffee in less than 10 minutes!
He then approached a firm to manufacture this new machine. He was able to get the permission to market this product. They named it “Percolator”.
The first coffee percolator was manufactured in 1883. The original design was simple. It consisted of a container where water was heated and then poured into the filter. The coffee grounds were added to the water in the filter. The water would then be percolated through the coffee grounds.
The percolator has been used by many people all over the world. In the year of 2004, there were more than 4 million percolators sold in the United States alone.
There are two types of percolators. These are:
1. Single chamber percolator – This type of percolator has a single chamber. There is a filter inside the chamber. The water is heated in a separate vessel. The coffee is added to the water in the chamber. The coffee grounds are added to the water in the container. The water is then percolated through the coffee.
2. Double chamber percolator – This is a percolator that has two chambers. One chamber contains the coffee grounds and the other chamber contains the water. The water is heated in the separate chamber. The coffee is added to both chambers. The coffee is then percolated through both chambers.
The percolators come in different sizes. Some of these include:
1. Large capacity percolator – This type can brew a pot of coffee in just one minute.
2. Small capacity percolator – This is the smallest of the percolators. It can brew a cup of coffee in just three minutes.
3. Automatic percolator (all electric coffee percolator’s are automatic) – This is an automatic coffee maker. It is easy to use. You only have to put water in the container and press a button. The coffee is then brewed automatically.