Seed Needs, Blue Picotee Morning Glory Seeds for Planting (Ipomoea Nil) Single Package of 50 Seeds – Heirloom, Open Pollinated & Untreated
Morning glory flowers are known for their vibrant colors and beautiful blooms. One popular variety is the Blue Picotee Morning Glory, which showcases stunning blue and white petals. In this review article, we will delve into the features, advantages, and disadvantages of Seed Needs’ Blue Picotee Morning Glory Seeds. Whether you’re an avid gardener or a beginner, this article will provide valuable insights to help you make an informed decision about this seed package.
Features and Advantages:
1. Unique Blue and White Petals:
– The Blue Picotee Morning Glory seeds will produce vining plants with 5-inch, star-shaped flowers.
– The inner petals of the flowers are deep blue, while the outer edges display a light blue to white color.
– This unique color combination adds a touch of elegance to any garden or landscape.
2. Fast Growth and Long Vines:
– Blue Picotee Morning Glory vines grow rapidly within a single growing season.
– These climbers can reach a mature length of up to 10 to 15 feet long.
– Their ability to cover fences and other structures makes them a popular choice for creating privacy or adding visual interest to outdoor spaces.
3. Attractive Leaves:
– Each Blue Picotee Morning Glory vine is adorned with hundreds of lush green leaves.
– These leaves complement the colorful blooms and provide an appealing backdrop for the flowers.
– The combination of vibrant flowers and lush leaves adds a beautiful dimension to gardens, front yards, or any space where these vines are planted.
4. Versatile Use:
– Blue Picotee Morning Glory seeds can be used in various applications.
– They are commonly used to cover fences and provide a natural privacy screen.
– These vines can also be wrapped around pillars and railings to add a touch of elegance.
– Additionally, they make a great choice for front-yard flower gardens, where their vibrant blooms can create eye-catching displays.
1. Annual Flowering:
– Blue Picotee Morning Glory belongs to the category of annual flowering vines.
– This means that the plants will grow, bloom, and complete their life cycle within a single growing season.
– If you are looking for long-lasting plants or perennials, you may need to consider other options.
2. Potential Invasiveness:
– Morning glory plants, including the Blue Picotee variety, have the potential to become invasive in some regions.
– It’s important to monitor their growth and prevent them from overpowering other plants or spreading uncontrollably.
– Regular pruning and maintenance may be required to keep them in check.
Pros and Cons:
– Unique blue and white petals
– Fast growth and long vines
– Attractive leaves
– Versatile use
– Annual flowering
– Potential invasiveness
|Seed Type||Heirloom, Open Pollinated & Untreated|
|Seed Package Size||50 Seeds|
|Package Dimensions||3.25″ wide by 4.50″ tall|
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How long does it take for Blue Picotee Morning Glory seeds to germinate?
– On average, Blue Picotee Morning Glory seeds take around 7 to 14 days to germinate. However, the germination time can vary depending on factors such as temperature and soil conditions.
2. Can Blue Picotee Morning Glory vines withstand hot weather?
– Blue Picotee Morning Glory vines are tolerant of hot weather conditions. They thrive in full sun but can also tolerate partial shade. Proper watering and soil preparation are essential to ensure their health and vigor during hot summer months.
3. Do Blue Picotee Morning Glory seeds require any special care?
– Blue Picotee Morning Glory seeds do not require any special care. However, regular watering, fertilization, and proper support for their climbing habit can help them reach their full potential. Ensuring well-draining soil is also important to prevent waterlogged roots.
4. Are Seed Needs’ Blue Picotee Morning Glory seeds genetically modified?
– No, Seed Needs’ Blue Picotee Morning Glory seeds are Non-GMO based seed products. They are open-pollinated and derived from natural, traditional breeding methods, providing you with high-quality seeds for your gardening needs.
In conclusion, Seed Needs’ Blue Picotee Morning Glory Seeds offer unique blue and white petals, fast growth, and attractive leaves. These versatile vines can be used to cover fences, wrap around pillars, or enhance flower gardens. However, as annual flowering plants, they complete their life cycle within a single growing season. It’s important to consider the potential invasiveness and provide proper care for them to thrive. With Seed Needs’ quality packaging and detailed sowing instructions, you can start growing these beautiful morning glory vines in your garden.